1. Gift Vouchers are not a cheque guarantee, credit or charge card. Please treat Gift Vouchers as cash. GWR cannot be held liable for Gift Vouchers which are lost, stolen or destroyed.
2. Gift Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash.
3. After purchasing a Gift Voucher, you have until the earlier of:
(a) 12 months from the date of purchase; or
(b) 31 March 2020,
to redeem the Gift Voucher, otherwise it will automatically expire. Any balance on your online account that comes from the full or partial
redemption of a Gift Voucher must be used within these time periods.
4. To redeem your Gift Voucher, you will be required to register an online account at GWR.com. You may either redeem a Gift Voucher as a balance to your account, or redeem your Gift Voucher in conjunction with a specific ticket purchase. Either way, you will be required to give the serial number of the Gift Voucher, which is printed on the reverse of the Gift Voucher. Gift Vouchers can only be redeemed online at [GWR.com] and cannot be redeemed over the phone, at stations or on trains.
5. Funds from your Gift Voucher may be redeemed against any GWR rail ticket of any value. You may also use such funds towards the purchase of any National Rail ticket with other rail operators. All purchases must be made through GWR.com. Gift Vouchers cannot be used for the purchase of any goods or services on-board GWR trains or for the purchase of other Gift Vouchers.
6. The Gift Voucher may be used in conjunction with other vouchers issued by GWR (e.g. compensation vouchers) and can be used as full or part payment for rail tickets. If the cost of the booking exceeds the funds available on the Gift Voucher, the balance must be paid at the time of the booking. If the cost of the booking is less than the funds available on the Gift Voucher, the value of the difference will be credited as a balance on your on-line account. All balances remain subject to these terms and conditions.
7. All rail ticket purchases will be subject to the National Conditions of Travel.
8. If you have changed your mind about purchasing a Gift Voucher, please return it to us undamaged and unused with proof of purchase and we will refund the value to you. Please note:
(a) You must inform us of your intention to cancel your purchase within 14 days of the date that you receive your Gift Voucher from us. You must
either email us at GWRfeedback@GWR.com
, telephone us on 03457 000 125* or write to us at Freepost GWR CUSTOMER SUPPORT.
(b) Please include a clear statement that you wish to cancel your purchase and details of your name, address, details of the order you wish to
cancel and, where you have provided them to us as part of your order, your phone number and email address.
(c) After you have informed us of your intention to cancel your purchase, you should return the Gift Voucher to us at your cost within 14 days of
your giving us notice to cancel your purchase and we will reimburse to you (by the method used to pay for the original transaction) the amount,
less the cost of postage. We will make the reimbursement no later than 14 days after the day we receive back from you the returned Gift
9. If you are entitled to cancel a booking that has been paid for using a Gift Voucher, any refund of an amount that was paid using a Gift Voucher will be issued back to you as a credit to your online account. All refunds of tickets are subject to the National Conditions of Travel.
10. GWR reserves the right to refuse to accept any Gift Voucher where it deems that a Gift Voucher has been tampered with, duplicated or where it is otherwise suspected to be affected by fraud.
11. GWR reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time without notice and to take appropriate action, such as cancelling a Gift Voucher if necessary. In the event that we cancel a Gift Voucher, we will contact you using the details you have provided to arrange for a refund of any balance.
12. Except as otherwise provided by applicable law, your contract with GWR and these Terms and Conditions shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the law of England and Wales. Disputes arising under these Terms and Conditions are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
*Standard network charges apply. Calls from mobiles may be higher.