If you’re currently unemployed, you can save 50% off rail travel with the Jobcentre Plus Travel Discount Card.
The benefitsThis discount card is free of charge and will help you travel to job interviews at a lower cost. After three months of use, your discount card will expire. You’ll save 50% on:
- Anytime Day tickets
- Off-Peak Day tickets
- Season tickets (up to three months)
Oyster cardsYou can also use your Jobcentre Plus Travel Discount Card with your Oyster card to get:
- 50% off pay-as-you-go adult fares
- Travelcards at a child's rate (up to three months)
- bus and tram passes at a child's rate (up to a month)
How to apply
To get a Jobcentre Plus railcard, apply at your local Jobcentre Plus- you may also wish to speak to an advisor who will provide you with further information. Cards are not automatically given out and are only provided on a case-by-case basis.
Am I eligible?To qualify for the Jobcentre Plus Travel Discount Card you must be claiming:
- Universal Credit or Jobseeker’s Allowance between 3-9months, if you’re aged 18-24
- Universal Credit or Jobseeker’s Allowance between 3-12 months, if you’re aged 25 or over