We may sometimes have to change our timetables so please check your journey details as close as possible to your date of travel.
If we do change things after you have bought a ticket, you can either use any reasonable alternative service, or claim a full refund.
Important to note
Details below may be subject to alteration due to planned industrial action – for the latest information visit GWR.com/strike.
Normally replacement road transport will be provided to replace trains where these services are unable to operate.
Due to a nationwide shortage of qualified bus or coach drivers, there may be fewer replacement bus services running than planned.
If this should be the case, we will provide alternative travel options for customers to complete their journeys. Details will be provided in the sections below.
The following planned engineering work may affect your journey:
Further rail improvement work is planned in the next few months affecting the following routes:
- Reading to Guildford – Saturday 10 to Friday 16 February
- Southampton Central to Portsmouth Harbour – Monday 12 to Friday 16 February
- Portsmouth & Southsea to Portsmouth Harbour – Monday 26 February to Friday 1 March
- Cornwall area – Tuesday 27 February to Sunday 10 March
- Cardiff Central to Swansea – Friday 1 to Sunday 3 March
- Exeter St Davids/Newton Abbot to Plymouth – Saturday 16 to Wednesday 27 March
- Yeovil Pen Mill to Weymouth – Saturday 16 to Sunday 31 March
- Trains via Worcester Shrub Hill – Monday 22 to Friday 26 April