- You can register and create an account with us at anytime. You will need to have an account to complete a purchase and you can register during the booking process.
Registering allows you to save your regular journeys and billing details to make buying your tickets quicker and easier.
- Our website allows customers outside the UK to register with us and purchase tickets. We are unable to deliver overseas, however you will be given the option to collect them from a self service ticket machine. If you are travelling from Heathrow Airport to a UK destination you will be able to collect your tickets from Heathrow Terminal 1,2,3, Terminal 4 and Terminal 5.
Alternatively you can download a digital e-Ticket to your phone.
- When you buy tickets from GWR.com, we can post the tickets to you or you can collect them from the station. We also offer smart tickets and e-Tickets, although these options might not be available on all routes or for all ticket types.
- The free GWR app is an easy way to plan, book and check your journey, as well as create your own door-to-door journey planner.
- access the cheapest through fares
- purchase e-Tickets
- save your favourite journeys
- get live updates for train and bus times, including platform and bus stop information for your journey
- reserve a Bicycle space up to 2 hours before your departure on selected services, if a space is available
We do not charge an admin fee for tickets booked with us, via our website or app.
- E-vouchers can be used to buy tickets on our website for any National Rail journey booked within 12 months of the issue date. The only exception is Rangers and Rovers. Book your journey online as normal. On the ‘Review’ section, you will be given the opportunity to add your 25-digit e-voucher code.
Any available e-vouchers will be shown and can be used on the payment section. If you’re collecting your tickets from one of our machines, and the e-voucher covers the entire cost, you can use any payment card as ID. However, if it only covers part of the cost, you’ll need the card you paid with.
Remember to take your booking reference number with you. To view your e-voucher, log in to your GWR account and select ‘e-voucher details’. You’ll see your e-voucher at the top of the page.
- If you need to update your personal details (e.g. email address, telephone number or password), log in to My Account and navigate to 'Personal Details'.
- If you no longer wish to receive emails from us, log in to My Account, navigate to 'Personal Details', untick the box to receive email communications, and click the 'Update' button. Your instruction will be processed within 7 working days.
Alternatively, you can opt-out from all of our marketing emails using the unsubscribe button at the bottom of our emails.
Leaving the Nectar scheme
- GWR left Nectar on 30 March 2022. We have taken this decision as we adapt to the impact of COVID-19 on the railway and continue to evaluate our offer to deliver the best value for our customers and taxpayers.
- The collection of Nectar points ended on 30 March 2022. You can no longer collect Nectar points on your purchases through GWR.com or via our app.
- Nectar points collected on bookings made either online or via our app up to and including 30 March 2022 will be processed within 28 days.
- Any previously awarded Nectar points will still be available through your Nectar account at nectar.com.
- Your points history is available through your Nectar account at nectar.com.
- No. GWR has never held details about your Nectar Card number. Strict security measures were in place under GDPR laws preventing GWR knowing your Nectar Card number (which was protected by what is called a Hashed ID which only Nectar could access).