After a relaxing trip through unspoilt countryside or a journey of discovery?
More than a dozen heritage railways criss-cross our region. They run through the rugged beauty of the Cornish moors, and hug the picturesque North Devon coast. You’ll journey past historical buildings while riding on beautiful steam engines and luxurious carriages.
And with exciting extras like dining trains for a delicious Sunday lunch or driver experience packages, there’s sure to be something to keep everyone entertained.
They’re all within easy reach; and some even offer great value combined tickets that can be bought direct from GWR.
Combined tickets available from GWR
- Bodmin and Wenford Railway
- Cholsey and Wallingford Railway
- South Devon Railway
- West Somerset Railway
- Dartmouth Through Ticket
Tickets only available from individual heritage railway
- STEAM – Museum of the Great Western Railway
- Avon Valley Railway
- Dartmouth Steam Railway and Riverboat Company
- Dartmoor Railway
- Dean Forest Railway
- Didcot Railway Centre
- East Somerset Railway
- Gloucestershire Warwickshire Steam Railway
- Gwili Steam Railway
- Helston Railway
- Isle of Wight Steam Railway
- Plym Valley Railway
- Somerset and Dorset Railway Heritage Trust
- Swanage Railway
- Swindon and Cricklade Railway
- Yeovil Railway Centre
You may also like to…
- download our Heritage Railways leaflet (PDF, 877 KB)
- learn more about the Heritage Railway Association
- visit the National Railway Museum