Babies and small children
- to make sure you can sit together, reserve your seats as soon as you can. You can do this when you book your tickets, by phone on 03457 000125, or on Twitter @GWRHelp. Reservations are free
- if you have a pram, make sure you apply the brakes when you are on the platform
- on most of our trains, prams and buggies need to be stored in the luggage racks provided. So, we always recommend you bring one that is easy to fold. It's usually best to do this before you board. Ask one of the GWR team if you need help
- if you have a small baby, you might want to take a carrier or sling. As, on most of our trains, you won’t be able to have your pram/buggy next to you safely
- for long journeys take something to keep little minds busy. Let us know on Twitter @GWRHelp or on Facebook Messenger @GWRUK before you go and we can send out a kids' pack
- all our trains have baby changing facilities
Children on their ownWe prefer children to travel with an adult until they are mature enough to understand the risks.
If we’re worried about a child’s safety, we'll contact the British Transport Police for help and advice.
Find out more about children travelling alone or with groups of friends.