See family, take days out and enjoy leisure travel for less. Buy a HM Forces Railcard for just £21 and get a 1/3 off most rail fares throughout Great Britain for a whole year.
How do I get the HM Forces Railcard?This card is not available online or at railway stations. You can get a HM Forces Railcard application form from HR admin staff at your unit.
Am I Eligible for the HM Forces Discount?The following are eligible to be issued with the HM Forces Railcard:
- All members of the Regular Forces wherever they are stationed.
- All members of the Volunteer Reserve.
- Non-Regular Permanent Staff.
- Members of the Regular Reserve during periods of full time service of at least 3 months.
- Commissioned Officers of the RAF Reserve carrying out full time duties in uniform in peacetime.
- NATO personnel serving in official NATO UK appointments under the direct command of the MoD (or NATO HQ).
- Members of other Government Defence Forces serving in official exchange appointments.
- Spouses/civil partners of those above.
- Dependant children of those above. Please see Terms and Conditions for full details.
- Widows/Widowers and their dependant children may retain the use of purchased HM Forces Railcards for the remainder of the valid period until the existing expiry date of the card. Thereafter, HM Forces Railcards can be obtained by war widows/widowers and their dependants, through the Royal British Legion. Please see Terms and Conditions for full details.
How can I use my HM Forces Railcard?The HM Forces Railcard is ideal for both long and short trips, but is only for leisure travel. It is a great way to see Britain without overspending and can be used anytime during the week as well as weekends and public holidays.
You can save up to a 1/3 on standard Anytime, Off-Peak, Advance and Season tickets.
Get a 1/3 off Oyster off-peak pay as you go single fares and daily caps for journeys on Tube, DLR, London Overground, TfL Rail and most National Rail services in London.
If you travel before 10:00 from Monday to Friday (except July and August), you will need to pay a minimum fare of £12.
You can also use your Railcard with:
- The Long Weekender
- Gatwick Express, Stansted Express, Heathrow Express and Heathrow Connect services
- Most Rail Rovers
- Caledonian Sleeper
- PLUSBUS (unlimited bus travel at your origin / destination station on participating operators) - visit www.plusbus.info or your local staffed station for further details.
Members of HM Forces, including Volunteer Reservists, or a spouse/civil partner of a member may take up to 4 children aged between 5 and 15 years (incl) on the date of travel, for a discount of 81% off the adult fare when travelling in First or Standard class accommodation, subject to a £1 minimum fare.