We’ve got a great range of train ticket types to meet your needs
To make it easier for you to choose the right ticket, we’ve made things simple and explained our popular ticket types and the benefits they offer below.
- Advance - great value tickets for specific trains. Mix and match fares for outward and return journeys. Learn more and check availability.
- Off-Peak - cheap travel with some added flexibility. Make your outbound journey on your selected date and return on any Off-Peak service within one calendar month from the start date shown on the ticket
- Super Off-Peak - save more by travelling outside the busiest times. Available on most London journeys and on any train at weekends
- Anytime - our most flexible ticket with no restrictions on when you can travel
Compare the benefits of each ticket type:
|Use with Railcards
|Travel on any train
|Book on the day
|Specified train only
|Up to 18:00 on the day before
|Within Off-Peak times
|Minimum fare price applies
*Refunds include £10 admin fee
Choosing the right ticket
Smart ticketing is the easy way to buy your train tickets. There’s no paper to worry about, so you can skip any queues at the station. Find out more.
Ticket machine price guarantee
In the unlikely event that you buy a ticket from one of our self-service machines, and then find a cheaper one for the identical journey, you could be entitled to a refund for the difference.
To get in touch, please use our online contact form.
More ticket types
Flexi Season tickets
The new Flexi Season ticket offers 8 days of travel in 28 days - any time between two stations.
It’s a flexible solution that’s perfect if you need to travel to work a couple of times a week at peak time Monday to Friday.
Travel as often as you like on your regular journeys.
Our season tickets allow you to save money on journeys you make multiple times in a week, month or year.
First Class tickets
Our First Class experience offers bigger, comfier seats, complimentary refreshments, and much more.
First Class ticket holders can also reserve a table on our luxury on board restaurant. Find out about our unique Pullman Dining service here.Learn more about travelling First Class
GroupSaveIf you are travelling in a group of between 3 and 9 adults take advantage of 1/3 off Standard Off-Peak tickets when travelling together.
Input your journey information into the Journey Planner, along with the number of tickets you need for your group and a Groupsave ticket option will be served if available to book.
Terms: The group must travel together at all times and no further discounts (e.g Railcards) are available on Groupsave tickets.
Rangers and RoversGreat for long day trips, or multiple trips to specific areas on our network
- get on and off trains as many times as you like within a specific area
- travel all over a region for a few days at a time or for multiple days during a fixed period
- buy tickets for All line Rail Rovers, South Wales, South West England and the Thames Valley
Tickets vary based on location and time restrictions may apply within certain areas.
Buy Ranger and Rover tickets online or at a station ticket office.