- You can sign up to receive promotional offers, exclusive pre-sale tickets, and inspiring travel ideas.
- If you leave something on our trains or at our stations, you can let us know via our partners at MissingX.
Any items we find are sent to our lost property office at Bristol Temple Meads station. Items left on trains are often recovered when the train reaches its final stop. As many journeys are very long the final stop may be managed by a different train company, so lost property may be taken to their office instead. We will let you know if you might need to contact anybody else as well.
Items can take up to 7 days to reach us and we store what we find for 12 weeks. If we have something of yours, you can collect it, or it can be returned by post or courier. We just ask you to pay for any associated postage or courier fees. We do not charge to store or handle your lost property.
- You would need to apply for a Trainee Train Driver position when you see one advertised, and if successful you will receive full training to become a Qualified Train Driver. These are very popular vacancies and often close early due to high volumes – please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The Trainee Train Driver application process includes two online assessments, and two half day assessments. There are also minimum health requirements which will be checked via a medical.
There is no specific route into a Train Driver role as there are no specific requirements. We are looking for people who are safety conscious and customer service driven. You will need to be able to follow instructions and remain professional at all times. There will be a long and intensive period of training and this will include training on locating and where possible, rectifying train faults. You do need to be at least 21 years old in order to be appointed as a Trainee Train Driver. Some people apply for other roles within the railway in order to give them a broader insight into the industry, and then they apply for a Trainee Train Driver this way.
You can view our latest vacancies.
- You can create a profile. Once registered, the site has the facility to offer a job alert. Under the heading ‘My Alerts’ you will then have the option to ‘enable subscriptions'.
When a vacancy becomes available which you have expressed an interest in, you will receive an email to inform you that a vacancy in that job category is open.
Please check our website and your email account periodically to ensure that you are kept up to date with vacancies which are available in FirstGroup, along with adding our email to your safe contact list, which should prevent emails filtering into junk folders.
- Our rail network connects the most popular cities, historic towns and beautiful regions in south west England and Wales. So whether you’re looking for a swift city break or an escape to the great British seaside, you can count on us to get you there with ease. You can select a destination or browse our most popular destinations.
- You can sail to the Isles of Scilly by Scillonian ferry from Penzance or fly from Land’s End with Skybus, by booking with GWR for an exclusive package, including return train travel to Penzance station. You can check example packages and price guides.
To book, please call 03457 000 125.
- We have partnered with Europcar so GWR customers can save up to 10% on UK car and van hire.
Find out more information and book the special offer.
- More than a dozen heritage railways criss-cross our region. They run through the rugged beauty of the Cornish moors, and hug the picturesque North Devon coast. You’ll journey past historical buildings while riding on beautiful steam engines and luxurious carriages.
Find out more about heritage railways and view combined tickets available from GWR.
- You can cancel JourneyCheck SMS and email alerts by following these steps:
- open JourneyCheck
- go to the ‘JourneyCheck Alerts’ section and log in with your email address and password
- go to ‘My Alerts’ and from there you can delete or edit your alerts. You can also postpone notifications if you’d like to receive them again after a short break
- If you are due compensation, our Customer Support team may arrange to pay you directly to your bank account through Payit™. It is a fast, fair, simple and safe way to get paid. You just need any UK bank account, email address, mobile number, and internet connection.
Find out more about Payit™.